Thursday, September 15, 2011

Emergency Preparedness Month


September is National Emergency Preparedness Month!  Please don't ask why that excites me.  I can't explain it.  Okay, maybe it is because I grew up in earthquake country. 

Please make sure to have, at the very least, a 72 hour kit.  Honestly, you should have a kit that will last for a week. 

There are so many ways to get prepared.  There are tons of resources on the web that have information on how to prepare yourself.  I love the CERT program!  It is a great program that helps you prepare for your own family but it also teaches you how to help during a disaster.  I highly recommend it to everyone.

This picture was taken at a CERT training in June.  I just happened to run across it this morning and decided to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment